Should "Reality TV" be allowed to portray abortion this way?

Show Lets Viewers Decide If 'Reality Stars' Get Abortions

The "Bump" was conceived after President Obama's commencement address at Note Dame University last year where he said he wanted "to find ways to communicate about a workable solution to the problem of unintended pregnancies."

Asked by onthegoturbo at 7:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't see a network picking up a show with that premise and airing it for more than 1 episode-- and then, they are just doing it bc negative publicity is better than none at all.

Answer by ecodani at 7:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• OHMYGOD. even i find that repugnant

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Ridiculous idea... And I honestly don't see what the concept of the show has to do with Obama's comment, but whatever. People have very strong opinions about abortions, both on the pro-life and the pro-choice side of things. I really don't see what a show like this hopes to accomplish.

Answer by Anouck at 7:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• That is beyond disgusting, what are we Romans cheering on the death of a gladiator, sickens me.

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I hope this country isn't so far in the shitter, that people actually want to watch this garbage....

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• The sad thing is I can bet there would be some people who would watch this. I think it's vile and disgusting.

Answer by onthegoturbo at 7:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Thats enough to cause one to vomit

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• That would be staggeringly sick.

What next? Let viewers decide vote on whether a jury convicts a criminal?? ... Let viewers decide what career a subjects children have to study for??

Pregnancy and killing the baby are EXTREMELY personal cricumstances and decisions. Their importance cannot be over-emphasized ... like "important to the 10th power"

How could someone even come up with such a twisted notion?

Answer by waldorfmom at 8:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• What is wrong with that guy who created this ....program? It is sick!! I would not watch. I don't think normal intelligent people will watch. The guy is nuts!

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• so the women don't get to decide? doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Answer by angevil53 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2010