What do you think of the remaking of the song...

We are the World?
I think it is stupid, hated the first time it came out I feel it is a way for "stars" to feel important. If they want to feel important and be important in my book then they should do something for the United States!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• why remake it? I mean are they too lazy to come up with a NEW one?
    *that was my first thought when I heard about it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I SEEN THIS ON THE NEWS ....PRETTY STUPID ,BUT ITS FOR A GOOD CAUSE SO IDK!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• True that they are doing free advertising for those performers. But if they make money for the cause then that's good. I don't like that they are redoing it though, they should have come up with a new song. The original singers were so special that it seems a shame to do something that should have remained especially theirs.

Answer by Bmat at 7:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Wow, you are pretty selfish... So if somebody tries to do something good for the global community, they should be chastised for not doing anything within the US? The situation in Haiti requires IMMEDIATE attention, and you are lambasting people for trying to help? Wow... just wow. And how do you know those people aren't helping in the US, too? Some celebrities actually do charity without wanting any acknowledgement for it, you know...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Op I agree with you, charlotsomtimes I also agree with you it seems pretty lazy to me!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I think it's wonderful. I'm looking forward to purchasing the cd and/or dvd. I hear that MJ's older kids will sing as well. God bless them.

Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• They're re-doing We Are The World??!! WHY? It's fine the way it is.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

LET'S SEE...MICHAEL JACKSON WROTE THE SONG, AND HE PASSED AWAY LAST YEAR. HAITI HAD A TERRIBLE EARTHQUAKE, AND NOW MJ'S CHILDREN WANTED TO REMAKE IT, TO RAISE MONEY FOR THE HAITIANS. SO TOGETHER WITH OTHER SINGERS, INCLUDING SOME OF THE PEOPLE WHO WERE IN THE ORIGINAL RECORDING, THEY ARE REMAKING IT. DOESN'T TAKE A GENIUS TO FIGURE IT OUT...
    Anonymous