1st bday cakes

How much did you spend on your kids first bday cakes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughters first Bday is coming up on the 14th and I just ordered it..half sheet $34.99 and she got a "smash cake" for free because she will be 1 year old.
    I think I spent about the same on my sons first cake too.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I made mine it was so much fun, my DH and I made a half sheet cake and a baby round cake. It cost us maybe 10 bucks for all the stuff, and could brag about our skills it was a great bonding thing as well. I was proud that I made her cakes not anybody else.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I make my cakes so they don't cost to much at all.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I make all the cakes - much cheaper.

we did order one for my oldest's 5th but we were moving the next day - it was HORRIBLE.

for their first birthday I baked a banana chocolate chip cake. they still want that cake for their birthdays too...
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• we got a box of cake mix and did it ourself lol. i made cupcakes so he could have his own. i did whipped cream icing. the kids love that and they love seeing the mixer go fast LOL. imo kids like the cake better when they help make it (well, or watch you make it lol)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• our sons b-day was last week and me and my husband made a cake at home. Just buy a cake mix at the store, use some food coloring on vanilla frosting so it get's a fun color and decorate it the way you like. That's not just fun and special but also cheap. There is no point in spending an arm and a leg if you can just make one yourself.
    Plus you can always tell your little one that YOU were the one who made this awesome 1st birthday cake!
    Trinity4eva

Answer by Trinity4eva at 11:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• $35 for both the reg cake and smash cake! And it was really cute too! Guitar shaped main cake and a music note for smash cake :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:11 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• My son's 1st birthday party is this weekend. We are making a "smash cake" for him and then a sheet cake which I am going to try and cut to look like a 1 and cupcakes. Borrowing pans and buying supplies still pretty cheap!
    roberts_mommy09

Answer by roberts_mommy09 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 3, 2010