What kind of cake

do you serve your lo's on their bdays? Do you try to make them as healthy as possible or do you just say whatever and let them have junk cake?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I prefer healthy.

made my girls banana chocolate chip cake for their first birthdays.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My DD like chocolate so I made her a chocolate cake, it is a yearly treat I am not going to get all crazy about it being healthy
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• If it is not sweet with frosting and yummy cake. Then what is the point I say.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Nope..don't care if its healthy,organic,filled with pureed veggies,sugar free,applesauce substitute...blah blah blah.
    I order whatever looks good and it usually is delicious :)
    Matter fact, just put the order in for my daughters cake...marblle with buttercream frosting, yum
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:32 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• When my kids were little we started a tradition that the birthday person gets to pick not only what type of cake but also the type of ice cream and even what they'd like for dinner. We're doing the same with the step kids too.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 8:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• homemade zucchini cake with homemade cream cheese frosting...our favorite. I doubt they are very healthy, though. The recipes I use are usually filled with sugar and oil but they are so yummy and I put extra zucchini and carrot in them and lots of raisins.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• we do not try to go healthy for birthdays. we go fun :)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Healthy cake?? What's the point?
    We get a cake at the bakery. The kids get to pick how it's decorated. It's way fun.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Its a birthday. Why bother putting your feet on the floor in the morning if you can't indulge in something sweet and delicious from time to time. I am not saying give them cake on a weekly basis but it is a birthday for the love of God, have fun!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:54 AM on Feb. 3, 2010