Swollen hands

What are swollen hands a sympton of, OTHER than too much salt? I noticed it a few days ago, that my hands seemed slightly swollen and stiff. So I cut out salt, figuring that was what it was (that happens to me sometimes). But it was worse today. And they look kinda shiny, if that makes any sense. Is it a possible early pregnancy sign? We tried a few weeks ago to conceive...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Health

• um there are many diff reasons for your hands to be swollen with out salt have your BP checked, i know my hands swell in the night so i have to take my wedding rings off, um your diet, not enought water or water retentison. NUMEROUS REASONS
    Anonymous

• i would say dehydration, or sometimes carpel tunnel (sp?) makes your hands swollen and hard to move too. they would look shiny bc the skin is stretched out from being swollen up so much. try drinking more water and keep going with the salt restriction.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2010