What do you think About poisoned toys?

I see all the time in the news where Lead is found in our children's toys,& was wondering what everyone's opinion is on this?Is it done on purpose or what because I don't see how it keeps happening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Personal opinion, it's cheap to get toys mass-produced that way, and as long as there is a demand for mass produced toys (ie parents buying them for their children or other children), there will still be cheap toys with lead in them. it's supply and demand. As long as people buy the crap, the US will import the crap.
    SillyJessi

Answer by SillyJessi at 8:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Lead is added to paint to make it last longer & make the color brighter. That's why some houses have lead paint in them because lead used to be added to paint all the time. Eventually they figured out it was a health hazard. Other countries dont have the same regulations as the USA so they add lead because it makes the paint go further thus making it cheaper to make the toys. Not a good thing but that's why they do it.
    Anonymous

• Pisoned toys? It is lead in the paint,isn't it? You can go to sites online to find recalled toys....why even ask what do we think about poisoned toys? It is so obvious: We don't knowingly buy "poisoned toys". WOw.....
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• i buy simple led tests at the hardware store. they are affordable and every toy coming in to our house gets swabbed first.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• OP-I did not say you bought poisoned toys or anything like that I just asked what your opinion is on the toys being that way and it happening all the time.I just didn't understand how or why the lead was even there ...it was a simple question it was not meant to offend anyone but on here I should of known it would lol
    Anonymous

• I think they are great. every child should have them.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• it is not just lead in the toys either. the toy manufacturers need to be held accountable in order for higher quality toys to be made.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• well it keeps happening bc the toy companies choose to have the toys made in china bc it's cheap, obviously increasing their profits. other countries don't have strict safety requirements. so the toy companies are choosing $$ over kids bc face it.... they're a company and their function is to make as much money as possible.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• In light of your question Please Please watch this... http://www.youtube.com/user/HealthyChild A WAKE UP CALL

Find ONE friend and pass it on. If you need ideas please see me.
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 12:31 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• It is pretty simple. Those contaminated toys come from China. We owe China boatloads of money. China more-or-less owns us. They can do whatever they want to do because, honestly, if we complain, start investigations, or anything, all China has to do is ask for all the money that is owed to them (foreclosure, basically.) We aren't going to bite the hand that feeds us.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:01 AM on Feb. 3, 2010