itchy bumps on 4 year old

My childs school called me today saying she had a rash so i went to get her and they said it was all on her chest but when i got there it was gone but in another spot it looks like 5 or 6 bites or something and really red around the bites but she keeps scratching them but like 20 mins they are gone and come up somewhere else anyone know what it could be??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• hard to tell with a rash with out seeing it
    any fever?
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• OP----no fever haven't used anything new either
    Anonymous

• if they are re-appearing somewhere else after disappearing I would get her in to see a Dr.
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I agree with Cherish. I would take her to see a doctor. And i would also wonder why they knew your child had a rash on her chest...
    Anonymous

• Could be hives. Has she been on an antibiotic recently? My son tolerated Amoxil for yrs then one saturday broke out in hives from it. I guess you can develop an allergic reaction to anything at anytime.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Could be just about anything. Give her a little bit of Benadryl and apply some Calamine lotion to the itchy areas to help relieve the itching.
    If it spreads or gets worse, you will need to have her checked, but they will be asking questions as to whether you have changed laundry detergents or soaps lately, introduced her to a new food, introduced a new scent into your home...all that.
    Children can also develop allergies at any point in their lives to absolutely normal things that they have been exposed to since they were born, but only an allergy test would be able to determine that. Anything like pollens, dust, dust mites, etc., cause respiratory problems usually, not hives, so it has to be something physical that she has come in contact with.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:35 AM on Feb. 3, 2010