how to make her comfortable..

My daughter is 4 months and since the day she was born she has clung to me. I don't mind but when it comes to other people, they get mad. When people hold her or we go out of the house she gets VERY upset. I have to go to the doctor twice a week so I need my mom to babysit but my daughter does NOT really accept it. I have a hard time letting her stay anywhere if she is upset and to see her cry tears breaks my heart. Like I said, she's been like this since day one. I need her to feel secure with her grandma and I need to feel good about leaving her for a little while. I know she is in good hands because my mom is the only person other than myself who is calm and collected threw her crying and is always on top of her needs but my daughter still has a hard time. I try bringing things that remind her of home and of me but does anyone else have any other tips to help her feel more comfortable away from mom and away from home?

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 9:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You need to feel comfortable with it first. When you feel okay...she'll feel okay.Just leave her with who is going to take care of her and walk out. It makes it harder if you keep going back and picking her up and holding her....on the both of you .
    I know this because my 1st was in daycare from 7 weeks on..and my heart broke too...but once I made myself feel okay about it..he was okay too. Now that I am an at home babysitter...I really know this to be true because the first time moms that linger at my house before leaving thier kid only make it worse on them. Usually once the moms leave, baby stops crying. Have faith in th eperson you are leaving them with that they will take care of her and treat just as you would.
    Good Luck :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• why dont you just have grandma come over to your house and watch her? nothing more like home then actually being at home..
    Anonymous