Does it hurt when you have sex?

I though that the pain I get during and after sex would go away with the Mirena, but it hasn't. The dr. did an ultrasound and said that it looked fine, but I certainly don't feel fine. Is it all in my head?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• what do you mean? like uterine cramping or something? what kind of pain?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• have you had a pap smear? where is the pain? up the VV or inyour belly?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• hmmm... the only pain I can think of is like loosing my virginity pain. if it is hurting in your uterous, you may want to have it removed.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• op- Internal pain, like cramping but not...just a sharp pain.
    Anonymous

• ok if your last pap was 2008 lets say? you need another one stat. to rule out any issues THERE first. ya know? the next thing i would have done is an ultrasound to see if you have endometriousus. which is a build up of utirne tissue OUTSIDE the uterus. and can cause a lot of pain
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Sex is always kind of painful for me. My doctor said I'm "small", so maybe that's why. I was going to get Mirena, but he said it would be difficult to even insert because I was really small down there. My husband loves it, lol, and while sex is painful a bit, I've gotten used to it. There's nothing wrong with me, I know that.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 9:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• sex wasn't as good for me until after i had my son. i wouldn't use mirena, i think i'd feel it. i can feel it when they use the swabs on my cervix. on dr said, wow, you feel that? and then did it again to make sure i could. THANKS LADY!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Are you aroused when you are in the act? Is your partner extremely long? Is the pain we he as deep? It could be from hitting your cervix and it jarring.

I would get an ultrasound and a check up to make sure all is well, and try practicing relaxation techniques.

Here is to figuring it out and many years of happy lovemaking!
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 10:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I have pain during and after sex depending on the position and how much sex, etc etc. I have a tilted uterus, and I think that has something to do with it, but not sure. "Doggy style" (I hate that term) can be really painful for me. I even bleed sometimes during sex, and it doesn't even have to be particularly rough. Did you explain, in detail, the pain to your doc? After the u/s, did they suggest what else it might be? I would call them back and ask. Also try different positions, maybe that would help?
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 3:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I would say about 90-95% of the time it hurts me too. It never seemed to hurt when i was younger (like in my twenties) I am 34 now. How would Mirena help? isn't that birth control? It hurts deep in on my right side - i think it may be because I have had cists on my ovaries, but certain positions hurt more than others.
    Anonymous