A question for Pro-Choicers only...

Before I ask this question, I would like to make very clear that I am not being judgmental, condescending, or looking down my nose IN ANY WAY.

That being said, I am pro life and I have a difficult time understanding the pro choice viewpoint. Once again, I make no judgments, I only give my thoughts.

I would like to hear from those of you who are for pro choice. How would it not feel like murder? How can you condone aborting a child? I really just don't understand.

Please know that I am sincere in my question and only want your opinions. No bashing from me and I hope I will receive none from you.

Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Health

• I am pro-choice . i simply do not see it as murder. murder to be would be killing a fetus that CAN survive outside the womb for NOT other reason than to kill it . if the fetus can survivve outside the womb it is beyond abortion.
    I dont know what to tell you , other than i do not see it as murder, I see the pregnant woman and what SHE wants as being the most important thing at that point. and i believe it is a medical decision that is NO ONE;s business but the womand and her sr's
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• It doesn't seem like murder to them because they're selfish. I think anyone who would have an abortion lacks a certain sensitivity and just isn't maternal in nature. just my opinion.
    Anonymous

• I consider myself prochoice, but I do not agree with abortion except in extreme cases. I would never have an abortion and when I hear of others getting them, it sickens me. But I do not feel it is my right to tell someone else how to feel about abortion. Abortion is between a woman and her God/ or between a woman and herself if she is not a spiritual person. It is not for me to decide what other people do with their bodies.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• i am not really pro-choice but i am not really the kind of 'no excuses or exceptions' pro-life either. if i had an ectopic pregnancy i would kill the baby bc it would kill me if i didn't. so i really don't understand the people who say they disagree with abortion even when the baby is endangering the life of the mother. o another scenario i would go for an abortion..... my hubby had to deliver a baby from a 9yo girl who was brutally raped. i would have taken her for an abortion. i would not endanger my daughter's life for that baby. no way

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Stuff happens to women and we should all be given a choice. Without that choice there would be many more unwanted children born into abuse and poverty...which would be worse?
    I do not agree to partial birth abortions. I do however agree to abortion before the 8th week of pregnancy. I could go on and on with different reasons a woman may have for decided to abort...but each has her own story to tell.
    I would not look down on another fellow woman for deciding what to do with her body.
    Until a person has walked in another persons shoes...we should not judge.
    And I am posting anon because I don't feel like getting a bunch of hate mail on this.
    Anonymous

• pro choice does not mean anti life.

writeon

Answer by writeon at 9:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Thats funny. I just posted the exact oppisite question a couple of hours ago asking why people thought it was murder. I dont think its murder because in the beginning of the pregnancy, its not a human - it cant live outside the women, its the size of a grain of sand, its nothing more then some tissue, it has no brain no eyes no arms & legs. i believe that at that stage, my body is creating a body for a soul to go, but the soul is not there yet, and if i choose to end the pregnancy, its not going there until im ready. i personally would have more guilt giving my baby up for adoption, then having an abortion because i could just never make a child and carry it for 9 months and bring it in to this world, and then not be there to take care of it and love it, and i believe that my child would want to be with me, and i just think adoption CAN BE a very sad thing for the child & for the birth mother so if im not ready for that baby,
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• im not going to bring it into the world to live without its mother. in order to murder someone, it has to be alive first and there is no living breathing thinking child when there is just egg & sperm tissues the size of a grain of sand. thats just not a baby to me. i think that with women like caysee anythony in the world, no women should be forced to have a baby she doesnt want.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I don't CONDONE abortion. Condoning means I agree with it and think everyone should do it. I don't. I think abortion should be nonexistent. BUT I think that NO ONE should be allowed to tell ANY person that he/she cannot have any medical procedure that is legal.
    I don't think any woman should be told that she has to carry a pregnancy to term if she does not think it is right. She should have a CHOICE.
    What my personal feelings are about the zygote has NOTHING to do with the morality behind allowing ALL people, even women, the freedom to do as they choose with their body.
    TinaN64

Answer by TinaN64 at 9:44 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• yes anon 37 that is exactly it. spot on ! WRONG. LOL
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:44 PM on Feb. 2, 2010