Debating on buying used travel system....

I was considering buying an Evenflo Aura stroller and car seat travel system for my baby from a post on craigslist, it's 70 dollars and the woman said it was still in good condition and was an '08, just wondering if it seems safe to buy an older model and a used one, i'm unfortunately strapped money wise so i was needing to find a stroller for a good price, just wondering if I could get any feedback or advice....

JennaJ721

Asked by JennaJ721 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just check to make sure theres not a recall on it, make sure all the parts are there, and that the carseat hasn't been in a wreck. Check for mold or mildew on it also. Other than that, go for it. Theres no harm in buying secondhand. ;)
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 9:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• i checked the evenflo website and their doesnt seem to be a recall on it, my main worry was that it was an '08, but ill definately ask more questions thank you :)
    JennaJ721

Answer by JennaJ721 at 10:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Does it include the car seat? If so, I wouldn't. You never know with a used carseat whether it has been in a wreck or not unless it's from a friend or family member that you know and trust. I wouldn't trust a stranger's word on it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:10 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• well i was going to see if my car seat worked, because i already have an evenflo car seat, mainly just need a stroller
    JennaJ721

Answer by JennaJ721 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Hey Jenna, buying a used travel system is tricky. If it's just for the stroller then I'd say GO FOR IT. If you consider using the car seat as well I have to recommend not to do it. Even if the car seat is not a recall model and has never been in a wreck, it doesn't mean it's safe to use. According to specialist a seat should not be used if it falls off the table an lands on the floor. Such impact might cause a microcrack on the seat which can be fatal for your child in a car accident! And people don't even think of that. They assure you that the seat has never been in an accident but fail to mention that it has been dropped several times. If you really have no other choice then do it! Otherwise ask the grandparents if they are willing to chip in some money and get a new one on sale! Hope that helps
    Trinity4eva

Answer by Trinity4eva at 11:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2010