More of a vent rather than a question...

Do you ever feel like you do absolutely everything during the day while taking care of your baby/kid and wished you could atleast get help without asking sometimes from your husband. My husband here lately is driving me crazy and making me mad about asking him to help with our son! He stays home b/c he has his own business so its not like he can't help during the day but doesn't help at all unless my son is tearing something up of his or annoying him. And I ask him at the end of the day to help me get him to sleep, and he always says why me? Why can't you do it? Don't get me wrong, my husband is great with playing with our son, but as we moms know there is a lot more to do in one days time rather than just playing. I am so annoyed and have tried talking to my husband about this numerous times....even his momma has pointed out different things and nothing seems to click I guess. I am just so annoyed!

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• woman you need to have aSERIOUS talk with that dense man. LOL i feel your frustration.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I find that I have to be very direct! No hinting around- you have to say "be home at 5 pm so I can go out for an hour" or "clean the kitchen- I am too tired!" When I say things like " I need help around the house" I might as well have said "you hang out with the boy, I am going to do all the cleaning". Men- they are all the same right?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• i find that it doesnt matter how direct you are, men are just not programmed like women. i think my husband is the buggest pain in the ass when it comes to doing things with the kids. so i have no advice. sorry. do you know how many times ive been doing something like getting everyones dinner on the plates, and my 5 month old woould be crying... and ill have to walk in and say "can you just please pick him up" bc my husband is staring at the tv. even my 18 month old who is now talking says "daddy, daddy, daddy...." and he just doesnt hear her. i have to say to you" hey she is talking to you", before he does something. so annoying! i feel your pain!
    Anonymous

• LOL MY DH TRIED THE SAME THING WHEN MY DD WAS BORN WHAT I DID WAS THIS TALKED AND WHEN THAT DIDN'T WORK I LEFT, HE LOVES HER AND TOOK GOOD CARE OF HER, AFTER THAT HE HELPED MORE AND I HAVE NOW GOT IN THE ROUTINE OF ONCE A WEEK EVERY WEEK I GO OUT AND HE TAKES CARE OF HER. IT ALSO HELPS YOU BE A BETTER MOM GOOD LUCK
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Feb. 3, 2010