how good is simulac advanced early sheild????

i plann on breast feedind an suplamenting it wih formula it says its the closest to whats in breast milk wondering if its any good ladies my son will be born next friday an i baughte 12 ready to feed bottles an 1 powder !>?>>any adivse or anyone who knows if its good advise would be nice thanks

ohmama213

Asked by ohmama213 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• thats what they started using when my son was in the NICU and thats what i still use to this day.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• I used that with my 2nd, in the state we were living in that's what WIC provided. I liked it much better than the good start I was getting in the previous state I lived in. It smelled a lot better (both going in & coming out lol), plus her tummy handled it much better. Not sure if it's true about it being the closest thing to breastmilk but it was great for us.
    Anonymous

• No formula is close o breastfeeding. That's false advertising. They arange the words to trick people into thinking it's just as good. I would HIGHLY recommend you do some research on formula. It's really not good for babies.

For instance...

About 10% of powdered infant formula is contaminated with potentially fatal disease causing bacteria. The DHA and ARA are NOT the same as the DHA and ARA in breastmilk. It's derived from plant fungus and algy. This is just the beginning.

Only 4% of women in the world TRULY can't breastfeed. The rest have correctable issues. This is according to the World Health Organization.

There is no reason to supplement in 96% of cases.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do some more research before making this choice.
    Anonymous

• You gotta LOVE the unsolicited breastfeeding advice, don'tcha?! She's asking for advice on formula...it's not an invitation to launch into a "breast is best" campaign or a guilt trip. If you don't have advice on what the original poster is asking, DON'T ANSWER.

P.S. If you choose to formula feed, for WHATEVER reason, remember, it is YOUR choice. Many generations of babies have thrived on formula and you should not feel guilty. And yes, we use Similac Advance and my baby is perfect!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• A childbirth educator/senior L&D nurse said Similac (any variety) is the formula that is closest to breastmilk.
    littlemisstypeA

Answer by littlemisstypeA at 5:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2010