Is this wrong, or is it just me

We had 2 pallets resting against the wall at the end of our yard. I noticed that one of them was in my neighbors yard to block a hole in her fence so her dogs don't get out. She never asked, never said anything. Just took it into her yard and used it. I think it is ignorant. Kinda makes me angry that someone just took it upon themselves to say oh they aren't using them so I will take one. Is this wrong? What would you think about the situation?

xtwilightx

Asked by xtwilightx at 10:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's not right to take things from other people's properties without asking...even if it is just their junk.

I think a simple "I'd really appreciate if you'd ask next time" would do. If she still does it, then don't be afraid to be more abrasive in your approach.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• if it's blocking the dogs from getting in your yard i would leave it lol. but if it's not and you really want the pallet back, just take it since it's yours anyway. what are they gonna do, say hey, give me back that pallet i stole from you?? lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Yes, it is wrong. She should have asked.

So, what did you do about it?
    Anonymous

• no it's blocking a part of the fence that leads into the alley. She works at an animal shelter and is constantly bringing new dogs home. But the point is that just because it is sitting there doesn't make it right to just take it without asking you know. It's on my property, it is my property.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• to anon: i haven't done anything about it. she is one of those people that doesn't really think about anyone else. I don't want to come off as a major bitch, which i probably would.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• just take it back.... it's yours. do it at night or while she is away if you don't want confrontation
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• It is probably just a misunderstanding but YES that type of thing gets under my skin. When I finally work up the nerve to say what the heck- I usually find out there is a logical reason (like she thought it was trash) but its STILL drives me nuts.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• You could ask her if she's seen anyone suspicious in your yard, because someone stole one of your pallets...

Then, go take it back and move it to a new spot in your yard (maybe in a garage or something) - then, if she comments, you can say, oh, it looks like they stole yours, too - then say "now why in the world would someone go around stealing pallets - I mean come on, if they had just asked, I would have probably given it to them... But only say that if you're willing to give one to her.)

lol - or, just ask her outright if she borrowed it, because if so, you're going to need it back soon, because you had plans for it.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• trash or not, it's still on my property. I dunno, if i saw something on someones property that looked unused or has been there for awhile, I wouldn't take it on those terms without asking. And it's not like she rang the doorbell and no one answered so she just decided to take it anyways. I am here all day every day. I dunno. Just pisses me off that people do that kind of shit. Thanks for the replies ladies.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My husband is a cop too, you would think she would know better or have a little more reserve. People!
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2010