i want to quit smoking but cant take the new prescribtions provided by drs. please help?

cat260

Asked by cat260 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Health

• idk, i was an alcoholic and quit cold turkey so i would suggest that. throw everything away and avoid temptation and bad influences

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• good old will power. Buy some gum and hard candies, use those to get the oral fixation. Find a hobby to keep you busy. Stay away from those who do smoke to limit the temptation. As far as I am concerned drugs are not the answer, they are just a crutch. Plus after getting some serious side effects from taking a prescription drug, I don't trust any of them anymore.
    Anonymous

• I believe the best way to quit and stay quit is cold turkey just gut out the withdrawal , I did it 2 years and a couple of months.
    freedomthinks

Answer by freedomthinks at 12:23 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• About 27 years ago-cut down for three weeks-having to go out on the front porch to smoke then went cold turkey. Had a bit of a withdrawal-but food started to taste so much better and my clothes too started to smell terrific. . Weight gain can be controlled with healthy eating and exercise. Wished I would have know that then!!!!! My singing voice became clearer and more powerfu, but sweet when I wanted it to be. Five years of lung clean- up over long time ago-I feel terrific!!!!!
    VeronicaTex

Answer by VeronicaTex at 7:02 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I used the patches and have been without cigs for 3 years now.
    terri.koors

Answer by terri.koors at 2:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2010