Swelling TMI

I am in my 8th month of pregnancy and last night while shaving (down there) I noticed swelling and color change (lips) I know this is TMI but I was wondering if anyone else noticed this when pregnant and if its normal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you go girl if you can see all that at 8mo LOL. but yes that's normal
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• normal. i googled this when i was pregnant.... and i found out about the term "cheeseburger crotch". so gross.
    Anonymous

• lol thanks, I wasn't to worried considering all the other changes your body goes through but just wanted to check with you ladies. Oh and Its for sure getting harder to see everyday!
    Anonymous

• OH YEAH! mine looked like a predator ready to attack something.. it was horribly disgusting.. it goes back to normal a couple months after you deliver. I'm not looking forward to that again. only positive thing was I was horny all the time and for once in my life, was able to have multiple orgasms!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• It's due to increased fluids and blood. It's normal. But if the swelling is bright red or blue/purple, you might have varicose veins. Stay off your feet as much as possible, but don't sit for long periods of time, either. Lie on your side whenever you can, and get up and change your position at least once an hour.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 8:38 AM on Feb. 3, 2010