Should I be worried that my 5 yr old son draws boobs?

He likes to draw pics of me, his dad and himself. I get 2 circles on my body.
I asked him what "mommy was wearing" and he said, "those are your bumps mommy"

Yes I have been topless around him but didn't think much of it and now I'm going to be fully clothed from now on!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• lol that's funny! He's normal! It's simply an observation of a babe and nothing more. My 4yo does stuff like that too! Look at superheroes, and some of the cartoons these days too. It's easy for them to notice! Relax and congrats on your totally normal five year old!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• lol just be more casious of making sure you are covered this is about the age my son became more aware of stuff like that too
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:44 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Ha ha! I agree with being more modest around him, but it is sooo cute. Make sure you keep some of his drawings for his baby book!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:49 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• Actually I never go bottomless around him just topless while trying to find a shirt or whatever. I should keep the drawings for when he is a teenager and brings the girls around.
    Homework??? yikes I wlll have to keep an eye on that, lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• lol it is normal, my friends son drew a picture of the family i think all of them had boobs...we had to laugh about it but she was embarrassed. I would just let it go unless it keeps on for to long...it may be a new fase
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:29 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• When my cousin David was around 5 or 6,he filled a whole notebook with various sized boobs! It was hilarious! he turned out ok.We have no idea where he saw his first pair.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:05 AM on Feb. 3, 2010