I caught my husband yelling and swearing at my two year old because he wouldn't go to bed.

I have never seen this happen before. I'm so angry, and uneasy. I have worked for 8 days straight, some days 13 hour shifts at a store, totally alone. I live one hour both ways from work, so I'm gone alot lately. I have to work. My hubby can't work until his injury is work comp cleared so he stays home with the kids. Well, I went to bed early tonight because I have to get to work really early tomorrow. I woke up to get something to drink and I see my husband standing over my son, screaming at him because he woke the baby up. Exact words,"now look what you did, she's screaming her fucking head off.." I asked him why, and he won't answer me. I found 6 beer cans in the garbage and an empty bottle of schapps on the counter. I'm really worried. Should I quit my job? Can he not handle this? Am I gone too much? I feel so guilty. At the same time we need $$. I'm angry and I'm torn. Be nice please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i would have to say yes he did lose his cool and is proubly feeling lil overwhelmed. and im sure he is tired. remember most dads cant hndle kids like us moms can. maybe he needs a break. im not defending your dh but i know what its like to be tired and overwhelmed. i wuld talk to him calmly nd let him know how u feel andfind out how he feels. im sure besides the kids hes not feeling so great seeing his wife is paying the bills so to speak a man needs to feel like the bread winner its an ego thing. but calmly talk to him if u jump on him he wont open up and talk he might just close himself up. good luck hun. xo
    Anonymous

• Wow! I would have sit down with hubby dearest and let him know that under NO circumstances is yelling and swearing at a 2 year old OK. If he can't handle the stress, maybe HE should be the one to be working as much as you are.. you may enjoy being at home more anyways. If he does it again, I would take the kids and leave for a couple days. He definitely should not be drinking more than a beer or 2 while watching the kids!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• (I did read about his injury btw and he can always get a desk job.. less stressful than running after a 2 year old anyways!)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• A desk job? Where would he find a desk job? He has no qualifications, or we already would have done that. If we put our kids in day care it would cost $2000 a month! He has tried factory work, that is fifty percent less than the daycare costs. We couldn't afford that. He is stuck until he's cleared. It's not that simple.
    Anonymous

• 1133 thank you for your answer! I wish I knew who you were so I could have thanked you in your inbox!lol He's usually wonderful with me and my kids. And yes, he's having some huge self worth issues right now. He doesn't drink every day either. I guess it just threw me off big time! Maybe I should talk to him, he's usually quite protective. And I have noticed the kids haven't been anything too nice lately with me beirng gone so much. I am a store manager and I had to fire someone so now it's long hours and covering another store, until I hire someone else.
    Anonymous

• i am ann 1133...someties i tend to get bashed for trying to be helpful because someone dosent understand what im trying to say..sorry its now a habit to press the ann box lol..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• definately talk with him once you cool down. it is hard for dad's not working when they are use to working. i know my SO has definately had issues. it maybe time to try to figure some thing else out. or maybe he just needs a break. i know it is hard and its never easy on you either.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2010