ok i have never been on a plane before..what should i xpect?

my dh and i and the kids are going to disney in april and its my first time flying..what should i xpect...from take off mid air to landing...im afraid something will happen that is normal but my luck i wont know it brake down and start to cry or something and of corse gt th kids all freaked out..cause if i panic they will also..so anyone able to give me a heads up.lol...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Travel

• get your boarding tickets if you dont already have them, check your luggage/stroller, car seat, go through the metal detectors, everyone has to take their shoes off, babies including. Then go wait in your area to be called to go on the plane.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Bad food :p .. Sit next to a window...it's exciting to be up in the clouds, wheeee~ you're flying~! It's all in your mindset, think of it as an adventure, because it is~! :)
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 12:28 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Go to the TSA website to get the latest on what you can and can't take in your carry on through security. Basically you can't take any liquids and that includes lotions, toothpaste, etc other than in a small container. Not sure how big. 3 or 4 oz. I usually take a water bottle and fill it at a water fountain once I've gone through security. You can take food and I suggest you do because a lot of airlines (if not all) charge for food other than a small thing of pretzels and peanuts. Don't freak out about turbulence or at least try to keep it to yourself and not get your kids worked up. We flew with my daughter just a few weeks ago and she had a poo blowout on the plane during turbulence. Yeah that was fun changing a poopy diaper and an outfit in the tiny bathroom during turbulence.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Make sure you all wear shoes you can take off very easily during screening check points.  Here are TSA guidelines.

Ask your doctor if he can give you some Prozac.  LOL Just pull your leg.  ;)

Just have fun!

Anonymous

• If there's a little turbulance, what I do is look at all the business people. If they aren't worried, then I'm not! =)

I would definitely bring music or a DVD player or something to keep you occupied!

Take some motion sickness pills, just in case! Flying makes me queasy and cars don't, so you never know if you'll be the type to have motion sickness or not.

When you first take off, it's pretty loud sometimes and it goes fast, but once you start going up, it's fun! Look out the window.

Just relax! Have fun! Disney is awesome!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I love flying, I say sit back and enjoy the ride. It's really not scary. I would ask the Doctor for a tranquilizer.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2010