13 month old and night bottle

how do I get her off the night time bottle.....we have alot of trouble getting her to sleep without it........

rowdy24

Asked by rowdy24 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 2 (-1 Credits)
  • My son takes a binky so we got lucky when we transitioned to sippy cup. My son just turned 13 months today but has been off the bottle since 2 weeks b4 he was 1. I have heard to try to get them attached to a blankey or stuffed animal to self soothe rather than need the bottle. Try to give her a cup of milk right before she gets super sleepy for bedtime and you may have to just rock her for a couple nights to soothe her. My son now will lay in his bed, and I can pat his back and get him to sleep but it was rough in the beginning b/c he was used to being held before bed time. Some nights we still have to hold him but its not too bad. Keep trying to wean off the bottle...it is easier now than later. :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:03 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Just take it away and do the CIO method.
    Either that or give him a sippy before bed and read to him, then when he's just about asleep put him in bed.
    Hopefully that will do the trick.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:07 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• YOUR BABBY IS TOO OLD TO BE SUCKING ON A BOTTLE EVEN AT NIGHT OR A BINKY ! IT WILL MESS THERE TEETH UP ! !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• give a sippy cup of water. if shes thirsty, then she'll drink. usually its just for comfort.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 12:19 AM on Feb. 3, 2010