How to stop Breast Feeding my baby.

I was wanting to know how you stop & put your baby on a bottle.I tried bottles but she doesnt like it.She is 6 mths olds.Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son won't touch a bottle either. Why do you want to quit nursing? When my older son stopped breastfeeding he went right to a sippy cup (at 5 1/2 months old), maybe try that...
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 12:16 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• When you are ready, start cutting back on one feeding on each side each day. If needed, fill in with a bottle or sippy cup. Please remember this: THIS IS YOUR LIFE...noone else can decide for you when it is time to wean. Yes, extended breastfeeding is wonderful.....for some people. I enjoyed extended breastfeeding. This is your baby and your life. There comes a time for some of us that we are just "DONE". That's ok. Trust yourself. Love yourself and your baby enough to stop before you hate it. I have known women who cried every time they nursed thier toddlers. Don't be like that ok?

Ok, off my soapbox now...sorry for the preaching. Don't overthink it...just do what feels right. :)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Drop one feeding per week till gone. Have someone ELSE introduce the bottle, though...you may wait long to get her to take it from you.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:24 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• At that age she might refuse all bottles. You can go direct to a sippy cup.

It's your choice, but be sure weaning is what you want. Many women have regretted the decision once they realized that a problem they were having or some issue was easily resolved or they find that they really missed it or the formulas they tried were causing problems. If you haven't already join the breastfeeding moms group here, or contact a la leche league in your area, and visit this wealth of info at http://www.kellymom.com/   

If youa re going to wean you will have to do it gradually so that you don't give your self mastitis.

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:48 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 5:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2010