Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep my son up during the day? Also how can i get son on eating schedule?

My son is 4 1/2 months old. He wakes up every day at different times and sleeps when ever through the day. Need ideas on how to keep him awake and how to get him on eatin schedule. Please help

ms_mommie

Asked by ms_mommie at 12:27 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• WIth a baby under 6 months I wouldn't even try to establish a schedule.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• It will take a while to adjust, but this is what I did. Don't force him to stay awake, if he falls asleep, it's okay.....with that said. During the day, have everything bright, open the blinds and put toys around him. They still need naps at that age, so put him in the in his crib when you want his naps to be. At night, even if he is up, or needs to eat, feed him, but keep all but one tiny light, for you to see, off. Make it dark. My son realized at 2 months old, that when the sun is up, is day and play time. He had 2 naps still. But at night he fell asleep and slept all night til the sun came up. He figured it out after a couple of weeks. GOOD LUCK
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 12:46 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• My son slept pretty good, so I dont have much advice on that... (sorry) but he has always been on a feeding schedule... It makes life so much easier and keeps him happy! He had to be switched to formula at 2 months and I began writing down when he ate and noticed a parttern and stuck to it. As he got older we had to adjust his schedule to fit his needs and change it up a little. I dont see any reason to wait until he is odler to begin a schedule. My son's schedule has kept me sane... lol :)
    roberts_mommy09

Answer by roberts_mommy09 at 10:43 AM on Feb. 3, 2010