Why are people so threatened by the truth?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 12:33 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Just because you say something is the truth, doesn't mean it is, it's just how you see things. Your reality is NOT other peoples truth. Not agreeing with your opinion doesn't meant they can't handle the truth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• What truth? I think each of has our own truth inside us. My truth is not your truth, and your truth is not mine. To try and force your truth on someone else is repugnant. (General You, not You the OP)
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:35 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I agree with anon 1235
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 12:36 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• err which truth? whose interpretation?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:38 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• And what is that truth?
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:42 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• uh, there is only one truth! And just as I have stated before, it is your choice to state otherwise but that would be a lie!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:43 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• tinfoil hat cat Pictures, Images and Photos
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:53 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• rolling on floor

sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:58 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• LOL - the truth is, it's 3:28 on Wed afternoon here. But, unless you, too, live in Japan or one of the other countries in this time zone, that is not the truth for where you are. It's the truth for me to say that you have to turn right to get to the store. But, for my friend, the truth is you have to turn left to get to the store - she's coming from a different direction.

Lots of times, truth is a matter of perception, and depends on where you come from.

Another example - You look really good in that outfit. (If I think you look good, then that's a truth.) Just the same as if someone else says, about the same person and the same outfit - you look really bad in that outfit (if they don't think they look good, that's the truth).

But, since we aren't all Stepford wives living on the planet Camazotz (from Wrinkle in Time, where everyone has to be exactly the same), there are lots of different truths.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:33 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• ohhh anon42!! needing to work out some agreession there? feel better now?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:48 AM on Feb. 3, 2010