do u put ur child on a children's leash when u leave the house to lets say WAL-MART or something??

Well, i'm curious cause i have a 8 month old and i'm think when he can walk i'm putting him on a child's leash kinda with a monkey backpack.. But my husband sayss our child's not a puppy... and that's child abuse.i'd rather put him on that then something bad happening to him . What do u think?? negitave or positve and why

connorsmom2009

Asked by connorsmom2009 at 12:35 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• NO
    One seemigly light tug could catch a kid off balance and w\either pull something or knock them down.
    Put lil one in a buggy and when they are too big for that hold their hand.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 12:37 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• i leashed my child. darn patootin . it allows the child some SMALL amount of mobility and a way to explore thier world a little and it allows momma to not go INSANE
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:38 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• My son is 21 months, and refuses to hold my hand, and he will throw himself on the ground in the parking lot. He runs away from me, and will not let me carry him. I have been thinking that a monkey leash is going to be safer then him running in front of a car, or throwing a fit in the middle of the street. And its not like I can spank him in public, or put him in time out at the grocery store.
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 12:40 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• YES, I put him in the buggie. But he has to walk from the car to the buggie. And he is old enough to play at the park while I sit on the bench and watch, he is old enough not to get knocked off balance.
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 12:42 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I agree with mommymeg. It is not a matter of just loosing balace, but if they or you pull it can knock them over and they can get hurt, even if its an accident. Just like if you were to get pulled you might fall.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• JEEZ! If you want to put something on a leash-buy a puppy! Your child is not an animal, do not treat him like one by attatching a leash to him!!! Put your child in the shopping cart if you are worried about something bad happening!

I will NEVER put my daughter on a leash. Its horrible to see a child being treated like an animal, not to mention degrading to the child! I either put my daughter in the cart with her book, a snack, and her drink, or I allow her to walk very close to me, sometimes holding my hand or her own. But I am able to look after my daughter closely enough while I'm shopping, and she minds me very well.

By the way- what "bad" thing do you think is going to happen to him that would make you want to put him on a leash???
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 12:48 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I have to agree with your DH. Leashes are for pets, not children. My kids always rode in the cart, and when they got too big for the cart, they held my hand. I feel you have more control holding your child's hand instead of putting them on a kiddie leash.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 12:48 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• No
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:49 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• SERIOUSLY, "they might fall and get hurt" WHA WHA... My son trips over his own feet, and he is almost 2. Get over it. I still think it is safer then them running into a car. JMO Have you ever seen kids play. I can't stand moms who dont let there kids fall and learn. TRUST ME, the first time he gets hurt, he will learn not to that again.

I am not trying to sound mean. But they have to learn. What are you going to do when they fall over learning to ride their bike, or rollerblade. CUT THE CORD MOM

cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 12:51 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I put her in a stroller. she refuses to stay with me & no not using one of those silly leashes. sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Feb. 3, 2010