Everything is black and white, no gray areas!!! Why is it that people refuse to admit it?

Every SPECIFIC situation is black and white, I came to this fantastic realization last night!! I understand that hope is the most likely reason for the ignorance to this realization but that is just sad to me. That is no reason to lie, I don't see any reason at all to lie EVER. This is why I always tell the truth, regardless of how it makes me look because I really don't care how I look to others.

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 12:39 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• banging head into wall

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• The world is full of grays. A specific situation may seem black or white to you, but to many others it is not. That's the deal with perception. Everything is filtered through your own experiences and opinions.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:41 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I am so happy to see you have life's major secrets all figured out. Maybe one day we will all be as brilliant and knowing as you. How can we live the rest of our lives out blinded by the stupidity you speak of? (sarcasm)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• So there is NO grey area, no reason where something that is normally wrong could be acceptable, or even under certain circumstances, the right and moral thing to do, EVER? wow.

Let's use your example - there is no reason, ever to lie. So, when Miep Gies lied - and did so for YRS - she was wrong? Btw, she was the woman who helped to hide Anne Frank and her family and others from the Nazis. So, instead, she should have turned them in?

What about the case of a woman that had dated a man I dated once - he was crazy and abusive and I didn't know about this before I dated him, but he told me about it himself. She had broken up with him, he wanted to talk. She got in his car to sit in the parking lot where she worked to talk. He took off and went out of state with her (she was 18, he was 20). He wasn't going to take her back until she "saw reason" and got back with him.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:22 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• cont

She kept begging him to at least stop so she could call her parents and let them know she was ok. She was legally an adult but still lived at home and they were expecting her back. He finally agreed when she promised to not run away. Of course, she ran screaming and some people at a church next to the parking lot where he stopped helped her. (He told me about doing this in 90, it had happened a year before he told me, and there weren't a lot of cell phones then.) The police came, and her parents came and got her, but he wasn't charged, because they were both adults and it was her word against his as to what happened.
    So, she shouldn't have lied, either?

I'm not saying I believe in lying, or make a practice of it in my life, but I understand that life is full of grey areas where you have to weigh one bad thing against another and go with the lesser of the bad things.

It's called a grey area...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:27 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I see gray people :p
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 1:51 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Not everything in this world is a true/false question. Or a yes/no question.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:42 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• The world is full of gray areas and there are some damn good reasons to lie.
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 2:47 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Wow, honestly the world is painted in shades of gray how can you not see that? MOST of the time honesty is your best policy but not always. I mean I'm really happy that you discovered the secrets to life that are so damned elusive for the rest of us, but it just makes you sound crazy to rub it in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I guess you just don't realize you're wrong then lol. One day you will see my light and wake up lol. Life is filled with grays. Proof. If it wasn't then people wouldn't be going back and forth all the time.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:55 AM on Feb. 3, 2010