Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


so im having my brother move in with me. i know i have to tell my social worker, my mom says that the only proof of me being his legal guardian is a written note from herself. is that true or do i have to go thru a process? any other info?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (3)
  • depending on the state you are likely gonna need legal documentation

    Answer by sati769leigh at 1:01 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

  • its in california

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

  • The letter needs to be signed in front of a noteree with seal to be official. Otherwise you will not have any leagel rights and no school or docter will take a signed letter without seal.

    Answer by jharve at 1:25 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.