Swollen??...(might be TMI)

I am just shy of 24 weeks pregnant with my 3rd and up until 2 weeks ago I had only gained 4 lbs. *(mind you I started this pregnancy at 194)* Monday when I went in for my appt I gained 6 lbs in 2 weeks and the dr seems to think that it may just be water retention, but my question is this...Why do I feel so swollen in the vajayjay area? I almost feel like I have vericose veins swollen down there or something. My whole pelvic region is so sore and achy, but I don't recall it feeling so swollen and sore down there, especially this early on. Has anyone else had similar experiences? Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have but it was from a bacteria infection and a yeast infection. I was so sore and swollen it felt like i had already given birth, i had to sleep with an ice pack between my legs for a couple of night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I did and thought it was just part of it til I found out it was a UTI so go get checked to make sure you don't have some kind of infection.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:17 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Lots of pressure down there, what with the baby and your bladder pressing down on your uterus. Mine was almost swollen shut and painful, with discharge. Your OB is sure you don't have an infection?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Ive been feeling like that for the last 2-3 months of my pregnancy. I would assume its normal.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 10:38 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I don't think it's an infection. I was checked recently when they did a urine test with culture and that came back fine. I have urine tests done regularly every couple weeks because of my kidneys and I take cranberry pills daily to prevent any uti's.
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 3, 2010