How do I find people that want to buy breast milk?

I know there are babies out there that need breast milk. Their mom's cant make enough, they are allergic to formula. Maybe they are adopted or their mommy is no longer with them. I want to find a baby who needs my extra milk and give it to them at a fair price. $4 an oz from a milk bank sounds outragous to me.

MaivesMom

Asked by MaivesMom at 1:34 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Contact your local La Leche League and lactation consultants.
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:39 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Selling isn't legal. You can look for a milk share group. There's one here on CafeMom, run by laura_mae99.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:46 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• why charge for it? If you know there are babies out there that NEED it, then why not donate it to them? Seems a bit unethical to me to sell the milk, I dont even like that milk banks buy and sell it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Because pumping, storing, frezzing, and shipping take time, effort and money.... I wouldn't charge a lot.
    MaivesMom

Answer by MaivesMom at 1:01 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I don't think you should charge anything more than it actually costs for supplies and shipping. Most moms on milkshare will gladly pay for all that anyways.
    Emmoney

Answer by Emmoney at 3:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Selling is only illegal in two states and I'm not in one of them...
    MaivesMom

Answer by MaivesMom at 1:24 AM on Feb. 7, 2010

• yes I am looking for breatmilk to buy, for my six month old son U can email me at julianneortiz@ymail.com thanks
    juliannneo

Answer by juliannneo at 3:45 AM on Feb. 19, 2010