has anyone ever been in a lawsuit after car accident?

I was in an accident last december 2008. I was hit by a cemi truck. The truck driver was declared totally at fault. it has been a year since the accident and we even havent settled the suit. The bills are adding up and now I have to see a chiropractor. We are so in debt I cant even afford to go but lawsuit wont be settled until I go for however how long it is said i need to see the dr. How can I pay these bills and more to it. Im just wondering how long your lawsuit took in years before you actually saw any money? Sorry to late to spell correctly

jharve

Asked by jharve at 1:39 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• lawsuits can drag on for years hon so sorry.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:51 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• When it is a lot of money they can drag on for years like PP said. And even if you win don't expect them to cut you a check because they appeal it.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:00 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I got sued for rear ending someone after hydroplaning during a hurricane. It took about 7 months and she only received payment for her car repairs.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:53 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• My Mom just settled her lawsuit. She waited until a year was almost up, she tried to get their insurance to pay but they would not respond to anybody. Finally she gave up and sued the insurance company. It took about a year and it was very stressful because even though she was not at fault her driving history and health was taken into question and she had to provide documents about her driving and health through her whole life! She didn't even sue for this outlandish amount of money just to cover her bills, attorney and the money to make up for her early retirement (she was going to retire within a year anyways so she just asked for the difference).
    The insurance company offered a settlement in December, here it is February still no money because of all the attorneys it has to go through. So it is time consuming and a drawn out process.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 3, 2010