medical transcriptionist

How do I do this? Where do you work? I really want to work from home. Is it too hard to find a job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• i guess so, i havent had any luck, or i'm just looking in all the wrong places. please pm me if u get any information,.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 2:37 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I went to school for that and could not find a part time job. I knew I would have to work at the place for 6 months. I was told when I went in for a meeting before I started. oh you can work for home after 6 months and work part time. I found out no I can not work part time and only one place in my area lets you work from home but you have to work the 4 week changing schedule. So I would still have ot have daycare and have one month I would work nights and then bring my kids to daycare dufing the day so I could sleep. Was not worth it to me.It sucks getting a bill to pay off my school every month when I can not even do it. So I have to pay $10,000 for somethign I will never be albe to use in my life.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I completed my course with an A average, and here it is 3 years later and still no luck...everyone is going with new technology...so docs don't use med trans so much. I found something else I could do from home. Scentsy. It's far from where I started, but at least I'm able to make money from home like I wanted. Most everyone says you need at least 2-3 yrs experience working in an office before you can do any med trans from home. I went through US Career Institute. Great school,but just no luck in the med trans field. Here's my scentsy info if you're interested...

www.scentsy.com/my2scents
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 2:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2010