HELP!

I'm a nurse (for 3 years) and I hate it. I spent a lot of money to get here and shelling out more money for something else makes my stomach turn. But I HATE nursing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in

• Can you change what type of nursing you do? My SIL was a nurse in a icu for heart patients, she HATED it. She transferred to Labor Delivery and LOVES it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:19 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I agree try a different type of nursing, there is so many that you will find at least one you can stand.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:30 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I think L and D nurses have the coolest job...or perhaps you would prefer something with a bit more excitement? Could you upgrade training and become a surgical nurse or something like that? A flight nurse maybe?

I'm sure you can find something in your field you'll enjoy.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 7:23 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• There are plenty of nursing careers besides patient care: you can sell for a drug company, teach at a nursing school, do patient education, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2010