is this "child restraint system" creepy or is it me??

photo on next answer box

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=13284045&findingMethod=rr

op here us this link

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• No. Did you read the description?

CARES Kids Fly Safe Aviation Restraint System is the first and only child's aviation safety device to be certified by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) as an alternative to a car seat. CARES Kids Fly Safe Aviation Restraint System is designed specifically for aviation use for children one year old and older who weigh between 22 and 44 pounds - youngsters who are old enough to be in their own seats but are too small for the seat belt alone to protect them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I'm not seeing what could possibly be creepy about this.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:45 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I think that thing would be A LOT better than lugging around a carseat, kids, bags through security.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:56 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I don't get it. How is a safety device creepy?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Does seem kind of expensive though.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• whats creepy is that its almost 80 bucks for what looks likes two straps and a dog collar!! hahahaha
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 5:30 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• the "dog collar" goes around the air plane seat and the straps attach to the plane seat belt so that it is more like a 5 point harness. I don't see how that's creepy. I'm going to be flying in Nov with my 3 year old. I'm tempted to try it out. JUst wish it worked in the car too so I don't have to bring a huge car seat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Creepy is definitely not a word I would use to describe this. Overpriced? Sure. But isn't most things geared toward babies and small children overpriced? It's like weddings. Say something is for a wedding or babies and they jack up the price.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:59 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• You think this is creepy? Then you should avoid looking at some of the transportation restraints used for children with special needs that no longer fit in carseats. As for price, that's not a bad price considering that to buy a comparable item marketed specifically to the special needs community would cost twice as much, possibly three times as much. I know quite a few parents that will be happy to see this type of transportation certified safety harness available in a regular store and at a fairly reasonable price.
    Anonymous