Who can help me move while I am pregnant and my husband is deployed?

Basically I am trying to figure out if there is anyone else that can help me move other than my friends and hiring movers while in the military. I've been told about asking Rear D, but how does that even work? Any help is appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The military will pay for you to move they will hire movers for you. If you need help contact your DH's first shirt of first SGT.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:25 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Depending on why you're moving, the military might help you - like if you're in base housing and they need to do renovations so you have to move to a new unit.

But, as far as "regular" moving sorts of thing, sorry, I don't know of any organizations that do that. You could try your church or other local churches, or talk to the other spouses / the spouse group with your command - you would be surprised at the amount of help you can get from them sometimes! :-) Also, if there's a shore detachment with your dh's unit (like, sometimes the bigger ships have shore dets, basically people that are reporting to the ship and have checked in but are waiting around for a bit until they fly them out to meet the ship somewhere and stuff like that) - they MIGHT help you, but it would be unofficially.

But, if you do hear of a group, please let me know! I work with military spouses and that would be good info to have!

gl!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:28 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• The military won't pay you to move or help you move if, say, you're going from one house or apartment to another while at the same duty station. So, like if your lease is up and you want to move to a new place, you have to pay for that yourself.

The military will move you if, like I was saying, your military housing unit is being renovated, was condemned, or whatever, and you need to be moved into a new one, or if you're transferring. Trust me on this - I'm in my 14th residence in 19 yrs, some of them because the military said we had to move, some because we chose to move. Plus, I've helped a lot of friends (also military) move over the yrs :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:36 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• We are Air Force and the military will pay if it is a move from off base to on base housing and from one station to the next. But if it is just to another house or apartment then you will have to find help through friends and family. You can ask your husbands First Shirt for help and see if they can give you better resources.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• When I ws pregnant the "latter day saint" or Mormons offered to help me move my stuff to new house!
    LeelansMom

Answer by LeelansMom at 5:48 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• If you are in a position where the military isn't paying for your move then maybe look into asking fellow military to help you. If you get a hold of a higher up they can probably arrange for a few military to come by on their work day to assist you. My husband is a Seabee and they do volunteer work all the time.
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 6:50 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• well..if your hubby is deployed then they must have given him information on how to keep you connected with the group's leader's spouse or the spouse in charge of the deployed spouse's group. they might have resources to help in the situation. are you moving somewhere locally? or moving away to be with family while he is gone? a local move may be easy to arrange, but a long distance move might require more orchestration. in any case, appealing to neighbors is always a good move especially if you are on base already. you might try calling your hubbys first shirt like previously mentioned. they should have given you some good resources when he left. being a military firefighter's wife, im never in short supply of healthy men to lift heavy things. but you cant really call those guys up lol sorry.
    FoxyRoxyMommy

Answer by FoxyRoxyMommy at 10:16 AM on Feb. 3, 2010