Jehovah witnesses

Why do they think that other denominations are wrong.
What makes their denonination is right.
why do they want us to switch from one denomination to another.
All denomination loves God and Jesus. I would never ask anyone to swith their denomination. I am just getting tired of them coming buy.

BOOGIETHEBOOG

Asked by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 3:04 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I didn't know there were different denominations of JW's. Learn something new every day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I am a jw and we go to peoples home to spread the good news of the kingdom just as Jesus commanded us at Matt 28 v 19,20. It is also written in matt 24 v 14 that it would be a sign of the conclusion of the system of things that the good news of the kingdom would be preached in every nation before the end comes. We believe we are fullfilling that prophesy.
    When we say the end though we dont mean the end of the world just that that is when God will step in with trhe help of his Son Jesus and restore the earth to how its meant to be.
    If you truly dont want witnesses to call on you again please contact the local kingdom hall and ask to be put as a Do Not Call. Or ask jws next time they call on you and they will make a record of it for you.
    I hope this explains things.
    kalada

Answer by kalada at 4:12 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• don't we all think we have the right religion? otherwise why stick to it???????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:56 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• The Bible doesn't agree with the modern view that there are many acceptable ways to worship God. Ephesians 4:5:“one Lord, one faith.” Jesus stated:“Narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it. . . . Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.” Matt. 7:13,14, 21 (&1 Cor.1:10). Repeatedly the Scriptures refer to the body of true Christian teachings as “the truth,” and Christianity is spoken of as “the way of the truth.” (1Tim.3:15; 2John1; 2Pet.2:2) As we base all our beliefs, standards and organizational procedures on the Bible, our faith in the Bible itself as God’s Word gives us the conviction that what we have is indeed the truth.
    JoojooJW

Answer by JoojooJW at 5:01 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• To stop unwanted calls from us either phone your local congregation, hand a note to any Witness or simply say we're not welcome to call again. We are not looking for people who are happy with what they have.
    Hope this helps xxx
    JoojooJW

Answer by JoojooJW at 5:15 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• "All denomination loves God and Jesus" ,,,,,,,,,,, not true from God's POV
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew%207:%2021-23&version=NKJV

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:55 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Why do they think that other denominations are wrong.
    What makes their denonination is right.

Every denomination of Christianity thinks like this.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:08 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• No one is right, God specifically warned us about splitting apart amongst each other(making religions-yes man made); all God asked was to love him,fear him and follow his commands, that is not religion those are commands alll should follow.

Adding something here, taking something out there was also phorbiden..
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:24 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• See I am a United Methodist. most of my family are baptist. I dont think that their denomination is wrong at all. It is right for them. My counsler is a baptist he knows that I am happy where I am at. Because he seen me before I found the denomination that makes me happy. He seen other denomination that stabed me in the back by hurting my family. HE never pushed me to join his church. HE told me that they would love to have my family there. We go there some times. BEcause we support him. Because we see how he loves God.
    BOOGIETHEBOOG

Answer by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 7:25 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Perhaps because they don't "sin" as much as other denominations, because their religion is more strict. Example, they won't celebrate holidays because most of them are from Pagan origins.. any they view it as sinning.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:32 AM on Feb. 3, 2010