Did you wait the 6 weeks to have sex?

I tore a lil bit but i feel that im ready to go back at it lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes we did wait, especially with the first one. I was stitched up from a third degree tear so sex was definitely a doctor ordered NO NO. Besides my husband was there and was happy me and the baby were ok. He was there for the stitches afterwards too and it too over two boxes to put me back together.  He was more worried about our well being at the time than sex.  Now after I was healed up we more than made up for lost time. :)

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:37 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I waited for 4-5 weeks with my pregnancies..not with my first though. And I had C-sections with all of them.
    MommyFab4

Answer by MommyFab4 at 6:30 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• My first was born in a military training hospital (Madigan, Ft Lewis, WA '85) mine was baby #4 in this guys career! We found that out later, DS was really big & doc did an episiotomy on me. He cut me deep enough it took him 30 minutes to stitch me up! We tried having sex the night after my 6 wk check up, it hurt really bad. We tried a few times after that, but it was a really long time before we were able to do things without any pain for a long time. But it still felt sort of weird, a little pain every time.

When I was pg with DD, 3 yrs later, new ob told me that the 1st guy took the sides of the cut and just whip stitched them. I had this long piece of scar tissue running up the middle, which he fixed during my delivery. No wonder it always felt funny. I guess we could have sued, but it was long after it happened it would have been hard. We'd moved twice during that time & were out of the army.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 6:59 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I would have waited 6 months(screw that 6 years-lol) if I could have it just felt uncomfortable but I also torn a bit when I gave birth to my son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Nope. After our daughter was born, it was 12 days later...I also tore inside and out with her. We got pregnant right away and I didnt' find out until I was almost 13 weeks pregnant. Around that time, he started cheating on me with the female he has three kids with now...(that went on for 7 years total)-anyway, I ended up having an abortion with that one. We never broke up, but I did go on b/c for a while. I went off b/c and shortly after we got pregnant with our son who will be 4 on Saturday. After he was born, we only waited 10 days. My tubes were tied the day after he was born.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I waited a couple of month, but I tore real bad and just wasn't ready to yet.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:07 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• YES!!!! I had a 4th degree episiotomy with my son... The Dr. gave the ok for sex after just 3 weeks but we waited untill about 8 weeks. It was still painful but not bad... It was uncomfortable but not painful for a few months! I would suggest waiting as long as you feel you need to heal properly!
    roberts_mommy09

Answer by roberts_mommy09 at 8:11 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Nope. We waited 6 days. However, I wasn't bleeding & had a c-section that I recovered from rather quickly. We had no complications & it wasn't painful at all. I wouldn't recommend it for most women though, since there can be complications. Usually though, as long as you've stopped bleeding & weren't stitched, most doctors will give you the go-ahead after about 4wks.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 8:30 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Yes I did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Yes. Waited!! Had a Difficult couple of births! Never liked Sex before less so if that could be After child birth! But to each their own! Don't feel or be rushed! I know too many that have had babies 10 months after the prior Child! Then they're in the same class in school. Then constantly asked if they're twins! Best of Luck! I hope you have a understanding DH! Best of luck in all that you do.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:31 AM on Feb. 3, 2010