How long did you wait to start taking you baby to public places?

Bri_Beeks

Asked by Bri_Beeks at 3:24 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• SHe went to walmart our first day home.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:51 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Some people start from the moment they leave the hospital. We waited till our daughter was two months old for public outings. I was very careful about exposing her to sick people. She is 7 now and seldom gets sick.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:09 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I stopped at kmart on the way home from a doctors appt. when she was 4 days old. we moved from miami to orlando when she was 10 days old and stopped at the rest stop for lunch half way through the trip. After we got to orlando i took her to visit friends and to the store if i needed something. She has always been healthy and doesnt get sick that ofter. I just didnt let people get too close or touch her when we were out places.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 8:00 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• We didn't wait. All of mine went shopping with us the day we brought them home from the hospital and we were out visiting family right off the bat as well. They are 23, 22, 19 and 18 and aside from the chicken pox they all had in 1993, they haven't really ever been sick. Colds generally skip them by, always have. I think I can count on 1 hand how many times ALL 4 have been sick. Is it because we took them out as infants, probably not. I am leaning towards genetics because my husband and I don't get sick. The last time I had a cold was about 6 or 7 years ago and I can't recall the last time hubby had one other than it was longer than 6 or 7 years ago.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• When my first was 5 days old we went to Target. We needed to finish Christmas shopping. We did not expect her to be here early. With my second we went to the Chiroprator on our home home from the hospital. But then we did not go out with her for a few weeks.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:43 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• We went out to eat when she was four days old. Then when she was a week old we had lunch and then wandered around the mall for a couple of hours.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:44 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• With the first two, we stopped places on the way home from the hospital and then just kept going with our normal lives. With our newest addition, we went to a wedding when he was 10 days old. The only reason we didn't take him anywhere before that was I was having a harder time recovering from this delivery and I didn't go anywhere. Otherwise, I'm sure we would have taken him right along with us.
    mupt02

Answer by mupt02 at 10:13 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I didn't. Between jaundice, hubby working & me needing groceries, weddings, etc, all our kids were taken out to the hospital, Wal-Mart, grocery store, church, etc by the time they were a week old. They were also all born during non-sick seasons (less threat of flu, etc).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I waited about 2 or 3 weeks, and even then I was really careful when I took him out. No one was allowed to touch him, my husband and I both used hand sanitizer after touching anything that could have germs on it, etc. He's now over 4 months and has yet to be sick.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2010