How long did you wait to get your babies ears pierced?

Bri_Beeks

Asked by Bri_Beeks at 3:24 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 14 months
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:49 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I had my daughters done the day after Christmas. She was 6 months old. She also didn't cry for more than a minute and has never pulled on them.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 4:10 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I never did, I thought it was too personal of a choice and they weren't my ears. I had also gone to school with a girl who had metal allergies from having hers done as a baby. We were born in the early 60's so the metals were probably different. But she'd get itchy rashes if the rivets on her jeans touched her skin for too long, so I was very hesitant to do DD's ears. She wanted them done when she was in the 6th grade, ended up with a bunch of them, never got any pics though.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 7:03 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• 4 months she hardley cried and has had no problems.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 7:48 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• i think peircing baby's ears is a gross concept...(why do people think it looks good, why does a baby need earrings to be cute? why cause your child unnecessary pain??? ) .. jmo of course.... i am also allergic to metal. so if you get it done, you will find out if the baby has that allergy too.... i guess tht is an upside.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:51 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• My 2.5 year old still doesn't have her ear's pierced. We're waiting until she's at least 10 and then she can decide for her own!
    Maddys_Mama

Answer by Maddys_Mama at 8:20 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I had Gracie's pierced when she was about 4 months old. She never cried.
    smccoy77

Answer by smccoy77 at 8:29 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I will wait until she is old enough to ask. Not my body and I won't alter it cosmetically no matter how small the change. That way it will be a rite of passage she wants that we can celebrate together and not something I do TO her.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:36 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I think you should wait until the child is able to make some decisons on their own. like around the age of 7 they should know if they want them pierced you should nt get them pierced cause you want them pierced wait and see if your child wants them pierced.
    mommieofsix10

Answer by mommieofsix10 at 8:53 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• research before you do this. most guns arent properly sterilized and can pass on hepetitis and other infections.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Feb. 3, 2010