How do you tell people you dont want any one over to see the baby today?

I have alot of family and friends between me and my bd..sometimes i just want to sleep durning the day while she does and really dont wanna be bothered with anyone...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Say sorry no visitors today. End of story.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:32 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Don't answer the door or phone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Turn the ringer off and leave a sign on the door saying not to knock or ring the doorbell.
    They should understand.
    You definitely deserve naps.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:01 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I would just tell them that today is nap day and leave it at that. Turn ringers off, ignore the door, etc.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 4:15 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Just as the pps said, you simply say "I'm not up to company today. I'm sure you understand." And, like they said, don't answer the door or etc.

Also, it might sound silly, but something my mil did when my dh was a kid, and it worked great for them - was she had 2 little flags, a green one and a red one. If the green one was out then company was welcome, if the red one was out, then they weren't. (She put them on the fence and did it with neighbor kids, but you could hang it in the window or on the door or something.) She did it because where they lived at the time, before she did this there were kids that were at the door several times an hour, even when she was like "sorry, they can't come out right now, or they can't come out today, etc.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:06 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• You don't. you shut the world out for the time being.
    CarlaMcCoy

Answer by CarlaMcCoy at 5:12 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I put a sign on my door that said "Please Do not knock, Naptime!!" left it up all day and turned the phones off.Depending in how your family is that should work lol
    MommyFab4

Answer by MommyFab4 at 6:17 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• i know a couple of ladies who turned off their phones, and actually put signs on the door saying "New baby, please dont knock or ring the doorbell, please only call between 1-3" I wasnt offended by the sign, and actually wished I was smart enough to think of that too
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:49 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Just say I'm really sorry but I so tired and I'm going to sleep try to get some sleep today while the baby is sleeping.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:09 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Most people are pretty understanding about this. Of course you are tired and you want to nap, not to mention you want some alone time with your new little one so that you can bond AND she needs the quiet time to adjust to her new home. There is nothing wrong with telling people that you are not up for it today and asking if they could stop by another day.

PS Congrats on the new baby!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:28 AM on Feb. 3, 2010