Do you feel weird asking your Bd's family to babysit two weekends in a row?

My baby is going to be a month on Feb 5th

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:32 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Is this related to your last question about you wanting to go out? Because you should not be ditching a one month old baby on other people so you can go out. YOU are a mother now YOU need to look after your baby. YOU wanted a baby YOU got one now YOU be responsible for that baby and YOU take care of it. YOU are not the priority anymore...that baby is. Time to grow up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• um, yeah i would. where is the BD? a month old, really? wow. how old are you 12?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Married couples STAY IN. We watch videos and cuddle. What the heck is your problem? You obviously aren't a very responsible mother since the thought of staying in and having friends over or taking your baby with you doesn't seem to cross your mind. And I thought I was bad for taking my daughter to a fraternity party.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Are you bonding with your child or do you think you might have post-partum depression? Do you not have help with the baby? Are you feeling overwhelmed? Is it easier to go out than to ask for help or advice? I'd be more worried about sleep than going out, personally. Your child should be bonding to you during this time and babies at 1 month don't self-soothe. They need their mommy. I agree with the poster who said to take the baby with you.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:02 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• TO ADD: I can see that this post is degrading into a "What's wrong with you?" and I wanted to say that YOU AREN'T A BAD MOTHER! However, if you aren't enjoying your child, please talk to your doctor about POST-PARTUM DEPRESSION. Your hormones are all out of whack, you may feel like you don't know what you are doing (MOST first-time mommies feel this way, including me and I was almost 40 years old at the time!) so please cut yourself some slack, but do talk to your doctor. You could be feeling better in no time! Good luck!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:06 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

THIS!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• You shouldn't ask at this point perhaps after 7 months. You'll tire them out real soon and really at this point your baby needs you not some substitute.  You really should be bonding with you baby. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• 1 month? Be a Mom. Come on already. I don't care who you ask it's wrong to go out every weekend when you have a baby at home. Obviously you are young, but you have a baby now and it's time to stop being selfish and baby comes 1st.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• We never asked my mother to watch my kids unless I had pretty much no choice- like when I went to have my son I needed her to take my daughter overnight. She has custody of my nephew who is 6 months younger than my daughter and I always felt like I HAD the kids -hey are MY responsibility- not to pawn them off on someone else or ask anyone for help. As for his parents-they would probably have offered to take thema t times-but they were in another state. If someone didn't just offer- we wouldn't ask.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:28 AM on Feb. 3, 2010