Im 19 yrs old...when do you feel is the right time to start going out again?

My baby will be 1 month on feb 5th

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when you are ready
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:48 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I think at 19 your goal for now should be either school or work, you have a baby to raise not worrying about a date.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• You need to get your ducks in a row. Work, go to school, whatever it is. Now is NOT the time to be focusing on some other boy. You have sleep deprivation and dirty diapers to be looking forward to, not birth control and dates for awhile.

Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 4:09 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• You need to to worry about your baby right now dates and chillin with your friends are over for a little bit your a mother now and go out and clubbin and hang with this that and the other one is not what you need to be doing you need to take care of that baby and get schooling in order and a job is a good thing. Your having fun days with friends and boys are over with for a while make a good life for you and your child. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:12 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I had my daughter 25 years ago at 19. I understand how you feel. But the others are right. There is nothing wrong with having lunch with your friends or maybe having your friends over. But right now and for the next couple months your tiny baby needs you to be clear headed and able to take care of him/her 100%. I wish you good luck. Enjoy your baby. Pretty soon you will turn around and celebrating there 25th birthday..........
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:03 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• OK..You are 19 yrs old..Are you still with the baby's father? Not meaning to be disrespectful but my DD was 19 and things happen to couples, she had a very bad break-up with her son's father while she was pregnant. You really didn't say what you meant by going out...So as a mom I'm asking...What do you mean by going out? Who would care for your baby? How often? The 3 previous posters have a valid points..but again WE do not know anything about you, you could be going to school or plan to go, you could be on maternity...WE don't have this info! Your future is very important so I'm not going to make that JUDGEMENTAL call...for you! I am a SAHM..my son is with me ALL THE TIME...he doesn't go to pre-school, spend the night anywhere but here at home, we sleep, eat, shower,..etc. I will say I do think it's a little early for you to be going out, as well as your baby...But you didn't say if it was NOW you wanted to go out.

colesmom42

Answer by colesmom42 at 7:03 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• At one month your baby still depends on you for comfort. She feels the safest when you near by. I think it's okay at this point to leave her with a grandparent for an hour or so to go to lunch with a friend or something, but extended outings may be stressful on her.

I totally get what the others are saying, but I know that you need some time for yourself too. This time is an adjustment for you and your baby. Try to find something that is a lot of fun and a good outlet for you that doesn't require going out at night. That being said, I think the same goes for all moms, not just the young ones. I don't think that even the most together moms should be hanging out at bars or parties with a new baby at home. Once you are an adult bars become a sometimes thing - like once a year for special occasions. Having a baby is a one way ticket to early adulthood.

PS Congrats on the new little one!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:37 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• going out like what? dating/partying? i would wait.. one month isnt much.... i think it was 6 months at least before me and my husband had the time and energy and a good sitter (gma) to go out... and still the whole time i felt major guilt for leaving the baby.... everyone is different. but you may find when you go out --- all you want to do is go home to be with your baby.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:48 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Until your child is school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Why are you worried about it? You need to concentrate on your baby and getting your life in order ( job, school, etc.) Going out should be at the very bottom of the list.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Feb. 3, 2010