y do husbands lie about silly lil things??

ok so i have a facebook account..n it has notifications n stuff well when i go on it to check it nothing ever pops up anymore so i still click on the lil thing to see if i got anything. so it shows there was like 5 or 6 diff notfications it says i looked at. n friends request i never even seen in my email that says i denied..but the thing is it says i looked at themwhile im not home. so i asked hubby did u check my facebook today. n his answer always the same "uhhhh no" he has no reason to lie to me. hes had in the past chatted wit girls online so i dunno if hes doing that again or if hes just checkin up on me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Well i would be just keeping an eye on that. Grown man/hubby or not he is up to something and for me I hate liers
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I would like to know the same thing.

Answer by louise2 at 6:44 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I don't know what advice to give, but I do know that something is up that makes him feel like he needs to lie. Maybe he is afraid of you being mad at him for denying the friend requests without speaking to you first? Maybe he's talking to girls online again and his guilt is making him suspicious of you? It could be anything. Your best bet is to talk to him and tell him that you have nothing to hide, but would appreciate it if he talked to you first before denying a friend request or ask you before going into your account. Good luck.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 8:31 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I don't know why your husband lies to you about anything. Mine doesn't, but if he did, I would ask him directly why he felt he couldn't tell me the truth. It could be that he just generally feels insecure. It could also be that when he tells you the truth, you don't handle that well, so he feels more comfortable when he lies to you. Then there is such a thing as a pathological liar who will lie when the truth would be just as acceptable. I think that kind forms a habit in early childhood and while it can be broken, those people usually need help. So if you think your husband has that kind of problem, offer to go with him to get help for it. When you marry, you marry the weaknesses as well as the strengths, and you have committed to helping him become a better person. This is one area where he definitely needs some help, and you are to be his number one helper. There may even be a Liars Anonymous like AA.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:14 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• change your password.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:19 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• hi there this is the poster..umm ok so i tell him its okay to check it if he wants to but im not hiddin anything. n he says no i trust u i dont need to check it. so i have no problem wit him checkin it..its just when he doesnt tell me that i had comments or friends requests that gets to me. i just moved back to my home town like a year ago so its friends that ive know since i was way young. its not like its random ppl cause i dont like to add ppl unless i know them. but for him not to tell me or lie about him going on it..is kind of weird when i dont have a problem wit it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I don't think lying about on-line activity is a "silly little thing". I think it's a bold lie and he's hiding something. In general men tell silly little lies to keep themselves out of trouble with us. But the smart ones learn that it's worse when we find out the truth and we ALWAYS find out the truth.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:14 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• we all know we do the same thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Everyone lies occasionally. But MY question is "Why do you not use the English language?" I am so tired of all the abbreviations posted here at CM.
    Anonymous

• I don't trust liars...

Answer by rkoloms at 5:07 PM on Feb. 3, 2010