Senators Warned of Terrorist Attack on U.S. by July

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/03/us/politics/03intel.html
America’s top intelligence official told lawmakers on Tuesday that Al Qaeda and its affiliates had made it a high priority to attempt a large-scale attack on American soil within the next six months.
The assessment by Dennis C. Blair, the director of national intelligence, was much starker than his view last year, when he emphasized the considerable progress in the campaign to debilitate Al Qaeda and said that the global economic meltdown, rather than the prospect of a major terrorist attack, was the “primary near-term security concern of the United States.”
At Tuesday’s hearing, Senator Dianne Feinstein, Democrat of California and chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, asked Mr. Blair to assess the possibility of an attempted attack in the United States in the next three to six months.
He replied, “The priority is certain, I would say”

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• what, when and how???
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:49 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• oh ya,, WHERE.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:50 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Considering Obama has all of the intelligence NOW, it's obvious that he'll be able to single-handedly thwart any and all attacks on US soil, because, well, he's OBAMA!!! LOL! :o)

(sarcasm)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:33 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Wow, this will help me sleep at night...
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:45 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• OK raise your hand who really thought they would stop? The have been fighting for thousand of years in their own countries. What the hell is any administration supposed to do? Lock everyone up that might be a threat to our society? Can you say Communism? Whats funny is the ones who are all for tightening things up and stepping all over civil liberties to protect the country also accuse the current administration of leading us down a path to Socialism. Fact is both sides of the political divide, if the American people let them, are leaning towards Socialism just in different ways.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Lock everyone up that might be a threat to our society? Can you say Communism?

Funny, you say that. Can you say Roosevelt?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:04 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Fact is anon Americans are awakening to that and voting time is ahead
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:06 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Personally I think a couple of well placed strikes are in order. Right now they have no reason to fear us and they should. Man, I wish I could put my husband in charge for a couple of days. I've seen him operate and they would be saying, "yes sir" and "no sir" and "we're sorry for keeping you scared to death ma'am." Oh well, he it getting closer and closer to the top of the food chain.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:31 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Maybe we should all go out and but duct tape...isnt that what we were told before

Is it Orange or RED that means get the tape??

O and BTW, what is the question?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:21 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Yes I said Communism as in a police state. One where only people ever suffer. yourspecialkid you sound deluded by your husband and you are scary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Feb. 3, 2010