AIG to pay out $100 million in bonuses! Anyone still think the bailouts were a good idea?

American International Group Inc. is set to pay out about $100 million in a fresh round of bonuses to employees of its financial products division, the unit whose risky bets helped sink the company leading to a $180 billion government bailout, according to reports published Tuesday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• OP you know youll get hammered for not linking an article lol here...

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=11924591

IMO the bailouts should of never happened period under gwb nor Obama

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:22 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Isn't Obama just dreamy?!?!?

(sarcasm)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:27 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• IMO the bailouts should of never happened period under gwb nor Obama

Agree 110% and also let my elected officials at the time know how I felt.  Oh well, I guess this is what happens when you are 'too big to fail'. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:30 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Finally something both liberals and conservative agree on. However, the conservatives are going to blame the bailouts on liberals.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• However, the conservatives are going to blame the bailouts on liberals.

***
    No, not ALL liberals...just the DEMOCRATIC members of CONGRESS!! You know, the ones who actually write and vote on these kinds of things?! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:46 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Yes this time anon we are Obama did it too and he is in the big seat now you cannot expect everyone to say ..'well gwb did it too' and relinquish Obama of any real responsibility..which is what some wish to do..its pitiful and will do nothing to change anything
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:46 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• But, but but, he's only been in office for 12 months....he needs time to learn what being POTUS is all about!!!

(more sarcasm)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:48 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Yeah that was a good idea for Bush and Paulson to scare the country and congress into thinking they were needed. TARP happened under GWB's watch. I know it's an inconvenient truth for a lot of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Let's see, it was the DEMOCRAT majority Congress that pushed it through..... and Obama voted for it as a Senator!!

Businesses that don't manage themselves well deserve to fail! If I mismanage my business it will fail. I don't have anyone behind me to bail me out. I don't want anyone bailing me out. I want to fail or succeed by myself.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:24 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• What is not being mentioned is, as repugnant as I find it, AIG has to pay these out. They have contracts with these executive that they will breach if they fail to pay the bonuses.

TARP was not a bad thing. It did stabilize banks and the vast majority have paid back the money many with interest. Two issues here. The ones that haven't, most notably Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae and GMAC along with our friends at AIG may never pay them back. Freddie and Fannie in particular have been given unlimited credit.Second the repaid TARP funds, according to the law that passed has to go to the debt. The Obama administration wants to use that for other purposes along with the unused portion, They admitted yesterday their attention to change the law so they can do just that.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 10:34 AM on Feb. 3, 2010