What if you don't have enough money to have the type of wedding you want?

I want an outdoor wedding with about 80 guests. Nothing fancy, just plain and simple, but we have no money! All we can do is go to courthouse, which I really don't want to do and I'm tried of waiting to get married. I've been with my fiance 10 years so enough is enough. I don't know what to do and this is pissing me off.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• You adjust to whatever budget you have, what else can you do? or wait until you save enough, after waiting 10 years a little more shouldn't be an issue.

Answer by older at 9:16 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• You could get married now at the courthouse, save up for the wedding you want and then have it later on down the road. 10 years is a long time to wait to marry someone, I would be out of my mind too.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:16 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• The point is it doesn't really matter what you do for a wedding as long as at the end of the day you are husband and wife. Dont sweat what you cant help right now. So if you don't have the money, go to the court house,get married and have another wedding in a couple of years when your ready. Good luck and be happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I agree with tnm786 and anon 8:18am
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:20 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• You can go to the court house and have a party later on when you have the money. There is nothing written in stone that you have to celebrate your vows on the same day that you make them.

Most importantly, don't mistake the wedding for the marriage. The wedding is not nearly as important as the life you live together. Through yourselves a big old party later on, it doesn't matter as much as the promise to love and protect each other for the rest of your days.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:21 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Can't you have the JP come to the location to marry you? Find out. Because in our area they will. I attented a wedding for friends where the JP went to a winery and married them. Might be a small fee involved though. A wedding doesn't have to be expensive. Most outdoor weddings are kept kinda simple.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• We got married in a courthouse 5 years ago and don't regret it for a second. Plan on having a vow renewal for our 10 year and having a party then. We literally had 3 friends and no family present. While it may have ticked some people off, we needed to be married to one another and it was (and is) much more important to us to have a great marriage than a great wedding.

Get hitched. In time you can do the vow renewal bit too. Its worth it. I wouldn't trade being my husband's wife for the most gorgeous wedding and lavish gifts imaginable.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 9:24 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• cut the guest list...just invite close family and your closest friends. i had a beautiful outdoor wedding with about 30 guest for around 3,000 dollars and i also did a lot of the work myself
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:24 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• i wanted a nice wedding but couldnt afford ( nothing uge just nice ) so figured its about me and soon to be husband not the dresses or the party we would throw to family and friends ( thas what my husband to be said it was lol ) so we did small and i loved it..then my dh said i should have a nice wedding and said he wanted to save up so on our 5th anniversary we would do the nice wedding.. but i thought u know what forget the wedding lets go on vacation or lets save up for one instead. because to think of all the dresses and the cake anddecorations and everything else.. we couldgo on a great tropical vacation. and thats what were doing. and im happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• i have two options depending on your actual budget. i know around here we have wedding chapels that have nice cheaper options for weddings. you may be able to get an outdoor garden or gazebo wedding for $200-$300 including your amount of guests. or if you have no money at all, you could easily get married at the court house and use any money for a reception for your family and friends
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:28 AM on Feb. 3, 2010