Good Morning and happy Feast of St Blaise

Do you have a special intention for prayers? if so drop them here or send me a pm and I will certainly say a prayer in the name of Jesus for you today.

Kattykitten

Asked by Kattykitten at 9:22 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• check my post out about the family needing prayers, which should be right above you. I don't feel like I can do anything, so I'm extending my hopes out to whoever may be listening.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I have said a prayer and will continue to say a prayer for you during the day. If you don't mind me asking, would you like for me to ask St. Jude to guide you as well? I know many don't appreciate prayers to the Saints and I will only do so if you wish.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 9:31 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• The prayer is not really for me, but for my two nieces. The family's church is not Saint-oriented, (in fact, neither do I) but I really don't have a problem with your prayers to St. Jude. All I care about is their natural, child-like well-being to be protected from negative influences.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I have a nasty cold, and tho not Catholic, I do not discriminate against any deities. (Whoever want's to bless me, can bless me!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• A long time ago, when I was just coming into the church, they were having throat blessings for St. Blaise day. :) An old lady at church told my daughter to have her throat blessed so she wouldn't get a sore throat. She did, and thought the whole thing was interesting. It was so funny, because that night she got sick with strep throat! Just a cute story to share...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• While that is a cute story, it is also superstition religion. St. Blaise is the protector of wild animals, the blessing is for those with throat problems, not a preventative medicine. It is an ironic story and thank you for sharing but it is important to mention that the lady was inaccurate and the blessing is NOT medicine. God gave us doctors for that.

Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 12:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I have a rare medical condition where my esophogus doesn't work right and so I sometimes have problems getting food from my mouth into my stomach. Because of this I really appreciate St. Blaise and the blessing of the throat - not that I think it will cure me, but it's spiritual support and helps me deal with some of the challenges of the condition.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 1:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2010