Is It Too Early To Teach My 5 Yr Old To Tie His Shoes?

Have any tips on how to do it?

Thanks :D

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• not to early at all. before they invented all those shoes with velcrow all kindergardeners had to know how to tie there shoes.. i would show them over and over and maybe have them do a shoe while you do a shoe. my five year old can almost do it all by herself.. she keeps on only getting one loop though..lol
    TaiM

Answer by TaiM at 9:55 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Not too early at all....seems just the right age to me. :)
    Have him sit on your lap while you show him how to tie his shoe that is on his foot so he can see how it is done from the proper viewpoint. Repetition is key while speaking the technique out loud in simple terms.
    Show him a few times, have him try, show him again, have him try, keep it up until he becomes too frustrated. Sometimes let him try the whole thing on his own - mistakes and all - while sometimes reminding him gently what the next step is. The more he practices, the easier it will get, and the quicker he will learn.
    Have fun!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:03 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Just keep practicing with him, its not too early.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 10:43 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• It's not too early. Good luck. I have advice other than to keep at it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2010