how many bananas

how many bananas are too many banana's? My son would eat nothing but bananas if I let him. He is 18 months old and I usually only let him have 2 a day, but I was wonder if it would hurt him to have more than that. He doesn't really eat a lot of veggies so I thought the extra fruit might do him some good.

Amelora

Asked by Amelora at 10:20 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• bannanas can back him up, if he's pooping ok I wouldn't worry about it, try mixing veges in w/ his bannana, make a smoothie w/ fresh fruits & veges
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:46 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I'm not sure how many would be too many. I do know that Bananas are high in potassium and it is possible to overdose on potassium. it is advised to regulate potassium rich foods because of that (other foods that are high in potassium include: nuts, lentils, peaches, potatoes, salmon, tomatoes, watermelon and avocados). Also, potassium works with sodium (salt) so if he's getting a lot of potassium and not enough sodium there is a higher risk of potassium overdose. If he is doing good with 2, stick with 2. And maybe talk to his doc and see what they recommend. (=
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 11:41 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• 1 a day is all I've ever allowed my kids at any age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Feb. 3, 2010