Is my kid the only one?

Does your child live only to "play games" wii, computer, DS and nothing else seems to matter, like school work, jobs around the house? Please don't say "have them do those things BEFORE they get to play games, WE DO!!! I wonder if it's just making him lazy????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• We do not have a WII or any other games like that. You are the parent you should control how much your child plays games.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:25 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• We have a rule that there room and chores for the day have to be done before they can play a computer game or a vedio game.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I have no rules set up for game play chores etc... We have PS2 and 3...and everything else. He still prefers to be outside or with friends and if he is asked to do something, he does it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:40 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• My son only gets to play computer games for one hour each day. Some days he doesn't want to use it at all, other days he gets annoyed when time is up. It doesn't matter what order things are done in around here, as long as they get done and he follows the rules.
    K.D.
    Anonymous

• Thank you for reinforcing our decision to not have video games at our house.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2010