For those of you that stopped "trying" and got pregnant....

I think I am stressing over TTC to much!! When you stopped trying, did you keep it in the back of your mind that you knew when the best time to conceive was? What does it mean to stop trying?? Just wondering because this is my next step (if I can) lol

Rjmjpappy

Asked by Rjmjpappy at 10:27 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Stop trying means what it sounds like... stop trying... Stop thinking about it, enjoy sex with your partner, make it something u want to do, dont try to get anything out of it. Dont stress whether or not you are pregnant for a couple of months. It all has to do with stress on the body.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• After many losses I did stop trying. I mean completely became OK with the idea that I might not ever have a baby. It took awhile to reach that point, it was a process but I was really ok with it.

I was pregnant within 3 months. She is now 9 months old :)

Good luck sister! XO
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 10:47 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• to me stop trying would mean to use protection
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:48 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• It was the holidays. I was aware of the fact that I was nearing ovulation time but it wasn't in the forefront of my mind -- kind of like I am aware of breathing but don't think about it. Darned if we didn't do the deed once...I ovulated early...and was surprised by the positive pregnancy result. I was "WTF!"...and elated at the same time. LOL
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:48 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• after 18 unsuccessful month I tossed all my charts, the thermometer, EVERYTHING in the garbage.

told the dr that we were done trying and we were working on being ok with only one. I'd just gone in for all the blood tests and to get a referral to the fertility clinic.I wanted him to cancel it all.

a couple weeks later my period was late. and my cycle is clockwork - I just about fell over. and then the next morning the fertility clinic called to book my appt. (my dr didn't cancel the referral) - I told them no thanks I'm pregnant.

and away we went.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2010