What do you think of the British/Britain?

What do you think of British people? What springs to mind when you hear the word Britain?
If you've ever been to the UK, what were your impressions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I adore them! My husband's family is from Lytham St Annes. :)
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 10:35 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• My dad is from Birmingham, so I'm partial to Brits. I've never gone, but I'd soo love to see it.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:39 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Well, I would absolutely love to visit Britian, and any Brits I have ever met were charming!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 10:44 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Love the British Isles and have been many times. London's a fabulous city with so much history to see.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:45 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• OP here

I'm English and have lived here all my life, have been to america a few times and its suprising the differences between us. I think speaking the same lanaguge is about where the similiarities stop. The amount of itmes someone would hear my accent and then ask a strange question like "OMG! YOU'RE BRITISH! Tell me...um..what do you guys call a T.V." I'd say "a telly or a t.v." and they'd roar with laughter. Americans seem more open and come up to people in the street more than they do over here. very different cultures.

but so WARM and sunny! Whats the british stereotype then for you guys?

The american one is loud, brash, a bit stupid (sorry!!) and kind of ignorant to what is going on outside of America.
    NB: thats the stereotype and how the media usually refers to americans, im not stating that as the truth about you all obviously
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• The most fascinating thing to me is the Royal family. To be able to know so much about your ancestry is awesome.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:07 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• My mom is British so I am partial to them I have been there and its very nice if you go make sure you have more than three months!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:18 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I don't really have an opinion about them. I guess if I knew a Brit personally, I might have some kind of opinion, but until then, I'm 100% neutral.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:38 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I love England. Got to go about two years ago to visit a friend in Manchester, see "Hamlet" at the RSC in Stratford and then tour London. We're planning to go back for the Olympics in 2012.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:43 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I once dated a guy from England, and it was interesting discovering the subtle difference between our cultures. Other than that, I haven't been exposed to many people from Great Britain, although I plan to visit one day. I'm very partial to British comedians like Eddie Izzard, John Cleese, Catherine Tate, and Pat Condell.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 3, 2010